Saturday 8 January 2011

Movie Review : Nothing But TheTruth (2008)

Yeah yeah I know this is old movie. I mean it came out on 2008 but I just watch it now. If it's not because my friend chose this movie, I probably never watch it anyway. But turns out this movie is really good.
For you who probably never hear or know the movie before ( Like I did 6 hours ago) Nothing But The Truth is a political journalist name Rachel Armstrong played by lovely Kate Beckinsale, who wrote an articel about the President who ignored the findings of a covert CIA operative,  Erica Van Doren played by Vera Farmiga, when ordering air strikes against Venezuela whom he believe involve in his assassination attempt. Because of that leak information, Rachel forced to reveal her main 
source.Then come the prosecutor played by Matt Dillon, who will do everything he can to break 
Rachel's silent.Anytkind of lawsuits, treats even jail time won't chance a thing. But when her 
marriage, motherhood, empathy and nationality being question, will it change her mind?



It's been a long time too since I watch some political movie. Like a destiny, this morning 
I watched 'The Sum of Our Fear' and later this afternoon I watch this movie, two political 
movie in one day HAHA. So after watching this movie, I like it very much! the story is 
so simple and every meaningfull, how this journalis stand by her believe and her promise 
eventhougt bad things happen to her because of that. But the plot is a little bit slow, but 
what suprise me more is the ending. Kate Beckinsale play it very well as a strong journalis
and Matt Dillon always good playing jackass.

No comments:

Post a Comment